16 dating 20 year old pennsylvania law

If not state correctly, your spouse could file a motion to dismiss your case.After you file your papers, your spouse has 30 days (if your spouse lives in Pennsylvania), 60 days (if your spouse lives outside of Pennsylvania, but in the United States), or 90 days (if your spouse lives outside the United States) to respond to your request for divorce (known as a Complaint).The law limits the authority of the court to grant divorces (known as a question of jurisdiction-can this court hear this divorce? The law also dictates when the court has jurisdiction over a divorce proceeding.Within Pennsylvania, the Court of Common Pleas has jurisdiction to hear divorce cases.There probably is no such thing as a pleasant adultery case; because names, dates, places, paramours, and the like have to be brought out in the open.If your spouse no longer cares about what you know and is open about the affair, you're lucky.This section explains the subject of divorce law in Pennsylvania.

It is also important in determining the value of the martial property.The legal term for representing yourself is "pro se," pronounced "pro say") which is Latin for "on your own behalf." Representing yourself is not a good idea for everyone.It is important to understand that by representing yourself, you may be giving up important rights.While it is possible to be separated and still live under the same roof, this makes proof of separation more difficult, Parties should live in two different places during the period of separation.

Adultery is sexual intercourse between a married person and someone other than the spouse.

back to top A court may take on a divorce proceeding even if your spouse is not a resident of Pennsylvania. Irretrievable breakdown- If the parties have been living separate and apart for a period of at least two years and the marriage is irretrievably broken and the defendant has either: b) Denies one or more of the allegations set forth in the affidavit but, after notice and hearing, the court determines that the parties have lived separate and apart for a period of at least two (2) years and that the marriage is irretrievably broken.